Fibre technology has advanced rapidly in the last decade. It is still one of the most popular and most reliable ways to connect to the Internet. Fibre is fast-growing and expanding, and there is no end in sight for its expansion. More and more people are choosing to switch over to Fibre Internet, and it is easy to understand why Fibre coverage is continually expanding.
Optic Fibre technology was first introduced to South Africa in 2008 and has rapidly grown since then. When it was first introduced here, it was seen as extremely expensive, and only a select few exclusive areas had coverage. Fibre works through optic Fibre cables that need to be installed to or near your home in order for you to access Fibre. This process is ongoing, so many residential areas still do not have access to Fibre, because the cables are not yet available in their area. Fibre connectivity is in high demand, and more and more people are trying to get it installed in their homes. The demand is growing rapidly, but the availability in some areas is still a work in progress. However, there are now a lot more areas with Fibre availability than there were a few years ago.
A few years ago, the biggest thing in Internet connection was ADSL. After ADSL, LTE was introduced. Then came Wireless, and now, we have Fibre. It has been increasing in demand over the last few years, and there is simply no stopping the demand. It is the only technology with enough capacity to handle the projected demand during the next decade reliably and cost-effectively. Fibre is virtually unlimited in bandwidth. This means that it cannot run out and it can be supplied to homes and businesses all over the world without becoming depleted. It is most definitely the best Internet connection technology today.
As the availability of Fibre in South Africa grows, more and more people are jumping on the bandwagon and having it installed in their homes. This is because there is no better option. There are many benefits to a Fibre connection. Here are a few things that make Fibre the best option for you:
- It is reliable. Signal degradation is non-existent in Fibre connections, meaning your connection is more reliable. Fibre optic cables are also not affected by bad weather or other signals interfering with your connection. Unlike copper cables, Fibre cables can thrive in all conditions including being submerged or left out in the sun. They also do not get stolen.
- It is the fastest Internet connection option. Fibre connections are fast because it literally makes use of light instead of electricity to transfer data. It is faster than even the highest speed copper cables.
- Offers uncapped lines. An Uncapped Fibre Internet line means that there is no data limit to your connection, you cannot run out of data or reach a limit. This is a great option if your household uses a lot of data, streams a lot of high-definition material, or downloads/uploads a lot of data.
- It is cost-effective. Aside from a monthly cost and your once-off installation fee, Fibre ends up saving you a lot of money in the long-term on data and faulty cables.
- It is sustainable. As mentioned above, we cannot ever reach a limit of Fibre, or run out of Fibre to install, because it offers the most bandwidth of any of the internet connection technologies. There is more than enough to supply every area in the entire country.
- It is flexible. BitCo Fibre deals offer customers the flexibility to sign up or cancel their Fibre deals on a month-to-month basis, meaning our customers have more control over their Fibre deal.
In the years to come, the Fibre expansion will continue and eventually, all urban areas in the country will have access to Fibre. To check if your area offers Fibre, simply click here.
Check your home coverage here and let us help you guide you into which Home Fibre line you should be using!