The different VoIP phone systems and services, many designed specifically for small businesses, are easier to setup and manage at a fraction of the cost of traditional phone systems. They are ideal for remote teams and you can add users to any kind of VoIP platform you choose.
How VoIP can save your business money
Modern VoIP systems are all cloud-based, managed on a computer or device, and, as long as you have an IP phone or Soft Phone, there’s no other equipment involved. The advantages include:
- VoIP is cheaper because: 1) there is minimal equipment needed and2) call costs are lower
- Easier to setup: VoIP is managed on a single online dashboard.
- More reliable: Any problems faced it is much easier and quicker to fix compared to phone lines, which could take hours or days to fix.
- More convenient: Changing phone system settings with VoIP is much easier.
- More powerful: VoIP enables video conferencing and file sharing. Integration with popular applications like Microsoft Office, SalesForceand Google applications is also possible.
Features to look for in a VoIP provider
There are several aspects that you need to consider when switching to VoIP including pricing, simplicity, and advanced call features such as call screening, call recording, shared lines, paging and intercom. You also have to consider how users are supported. Prices and features will vary depending on the plan you choose. Ask yourself who the system was designed for. For example, some VoIP platforms are designed for solo entrepreneurs, while others are designed for small businesses or large enterprises..
Smaller businesses experience times where employees are unable to answer the phone. Most VoIP providers offer the ability to convert phone messages into emails, which could be a great help to businesses.
A voicemail system and a feature called Find me/Follow me are added benefits and allows users to receive calls regardless of their location or phone number. You and your managers are thus reachable outside of the office, especially if calls are forwarded to their mobile phone.