What is the sign-up and install process?
- Check Wireless coverage on our website: https://www.bitco.co.za/home-wireless-internet/
- If you fall within coverage you will be able to sign-up online. Should you have any questions our sales team is on hand to help. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your order is received the sales team will do a desk top feasibility test to ensure that we can continue with your order. If the desktop feasibility is successful you will receive a document (Network Diagram) to sign to continue with your order.
- Once the signed Network Diagram is received you will be handed over to our projects department to coordinate the delivery of your service/ order. Please note at this point for any updates or information you will need to contact projects directly and not sales. Sales is not equipped to deal with queries at this point or involved in the service delivery process. (E-mail: email@example.com).
- You will be contacted by the projects team to schedule your site-survey within 4-6 weeks.
- The site-survey will be conducted by our technicians at your home. They will test line-of-site and signal strength. If the tests are successful they will proceed with the installation of the Wireless Equipment and Router. You Internet will be activated the same day.
- Once the installation is complete and you have Internet you will then be handed over to our Network Operations Centre (NOC) should you have any support related queries – 087 135 0050. (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
How long does Home Wireless take to install?
Home Wireless will take approximately 4-6 weeks to install. After placing your order we conduct a desktop feasibility test for your address. If the desktop feasiblity test is successful our installation team will do the on-site survey within 4-6 weeks to check line-of-sight as well as test the signal at your home. Provided that there is line-of-site and the signal is strong the Wireless equipment will be installed that day.
Please ensure to provide the necessary documentation when placing your order to ensure no delays.
What equipment is needed to get connected?
You will need BitCo’s wireless equipment (Radio equipment) installed at your home. Once installed you will also need a Router (we supply the Router) so that you can connect your devices to the Internet.
Does BitCo need to install equipment?
Yes. Our technicians/ installation team will need to install Radio equipment at your home (Most likely on your roof) so it can connect to one of our High-sites.
How long does it take to do physical installation of the Wireless equipment?
Once our team arrives at your home to install it generally takes 2-4 hours depending on the difficulty of the install.
What internet speeds does BitCo offer?
Our current Home Wireless Internet service only offers a 30Mbps package. This is an Asymmetrical service. Please note that many factors are out of our control that could potentially affect top speeds being reached, i.e. weather, line-of-site, number of devices connected, etc.
How do I check if I have Wireless coverage?
Please check coverage on our Home Wireless Coverage Map to enquire or order. Our home Wireless coverage map can be found by follwing the below link. Should you fall within coverage please note that we would have to do further checks to ensure that Wireless is feasible after placing an order. https://www.bitco.co.za/home-wireless-internet-coverage-map/.
After placing your order we conduct a desktop feasibility test for your address. If the desktop feasiblity test is successful our installation team will do the on-site survey within 4-6 weeks to check line-of-sight as well as test the signal at your home. Provided that there is line-of-site and the signal is strong the Wireless equipment will be installed that day.
Can I get home Wireless for my business?
If you are running a micro home business you can apply for Home Wireless. Please note that home Wireless is a best-effort service. We do offer very competitive business wireless packages that would be more suitable for your business. Please visit: www.bitco.co.za/products/business-wireless-internet/.
Do I need a router?
Yes, you need a Router to connect devices. We will provide you with the appropriate FREE-TO-USE dual band Router.
What does free to use router mean?
You can use the router for free whilst connected to us. If you decide to cancel with us the router will need to be returned or you have the option to buy the router at a reduced price.
Why do I need a router?
The router is the device that connects you to the Internet. Your Laptop, Smartphone and / or tablets uses the signal (WiFi) from the router to connect to the internet.
We will configure your router for you.
What is the contention ratio?
1:3 Contention Rate. Your upload speed can be up to a third of your package (30Mbps).
What is an Asymmetrical service?
An asymmetric internet connection means that the data speed and file transfer rate on your network is different in each direction. Your updload speed can be up to a third of your package (30Mbps).
How are you sure that the service will work before installing it?
Our technicians/ install team will check line-of-sight as well as test the signal at your home before proceeding with the installation. If there is no line-of-site or the signal is too low unfortunately they will be unable to proceed with installation.
When will I be able to use the internet?
Should your installation be successful the internet will be configured and activated while our technicians are at your home.
What should I do if my internet is not working?
Who needs to get lanlord approval for the equipment to be installed?
It is the customer’s responsibility to get landlord approval for all equipment to be installed.
Will I be able to change my WiFI SSID?
Will I be able to use my own router?
BitCo will be supply a free-to-use Router. We provide support on the Router that we provide. Should you want to use your own Router please note that support related resolutions may be delayed because we are not managing the Router that enables us to provide faster first line support.
What support do you offer?
How many devices will I be able to connect on the supplied router?
The router manufacturer states that up to 64 connections, however we recommeded a maximum of up to 15. Please note that the more devices that are connected to the Router and using the Internet, the slower the speeds will be per device.
What are the setup costs?
We have two options:
- Month to month agreement: Installation is a once-off of R4,000.00.
- 24 month agreement: Installation is a once-off of R500.00.
When will my account be debited?
You will receive a copy of your invoice on the 23rd of every month. Your account will only be debited on the last business day of every month.
Is pricing inclusive or exclusive of VAT?
All Home Wireless pricing advertised pricing is VAT inclusive.
Do I get an IP address?
Yes, you will be issued with 1 public IP address. Please note that we do not offer static IP’s on our Home Wireless service.
Will my Internet be affected by weather?
Home Wireless is reliant on clear line-of-site and signal strength to optimally perform. It is a Microwave link. This means that your Internet can be affected by rain unfortunately, just like your mobile network can be affected.